Pure, simple ingredients are highly valued, and some people like to create their own custom blends of products. One easy, and fun product that can be easily created are CBD topicals. These can be in the form of lotions, salves, and creams. In this post we’ll provide easy to follow instructions on how to create your own by following our CBD topical recipe.
The Benefits of CBD Topicals
When applied topically, CBD has many health benefits. Studies have shown CBD to be a powerful anti-inflammatory agent. It also has the ability to ease arthritis pain. Many athletes use CBD topicals to reduce inflammation and speed up recovery time. When applied to the skin, the endocannabinoid system is activated. The relief many people are searching for can be achieved with CBD creams.
Many people are using CBD topicals as a way to reduce aging. With the antioxidant properties CBD contains, it replenishes the cells. With so many benefits available and more research being conducted, vast amounts of people are adding it to their healthcare routine.
So with all of the products available on the market, including our topicals, it can also be fun and exciting to create your own! We will be providing weekly recipes for topical your favorite CBD infused products. This week we will show you how you can create a lotion using any of our tinctures. Most people get more relief with higher doses of CBD, so we will use our new 10,000 mg tincture as an example. This can also be substituted by using CBD Isolate. You can adjust the dose as desired, but the more concentrated the better.
What you’ll need for your DIY CBD Topical
- 10,000 mg Full Spectrum Tincture (can be adjusted or substituted with .5-5 grams CBD Isolate)
- Essential Oils. Lavender, peppermint, tea tree and lemon work great
- ½ cup of unrefined shea butter
- ½ cup of aloe vera gel
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup vegetable glycerin
- ⅛ cup of vitamin e oil
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoon
- Pyrex pot
- Pot to boil water
- Hand Mixer or blender
- Mixing bowl
- Jar for storage
The Fun Part
Now that you have gathered all of the necessary materials for our CBD topical recipe, and dedicated a clean area to prepare your CBD lotion, the real fun begins. It can be extremely exciting to create your own products, and it can be a great thing to do with friends as well. Knowing exactly what is in products is very important, and what better way than to do it yourself?
CBD Lotion Recipe
- Measure all ingredients and have them ready
- Fill the pot with 2 inches of water
- Warm water on low heat, but do not boil
- Place pyrex pot into pot of warm water and keep heat on low
- Add shea butter and coconut oil into the pyrex pot
- Stir this mixture frequently, and make sure they are homogenized
- Continue stirring frequently to make sure there are no lumps and that the oils do not scorch
- Once this mixture is melted, turn off the heat and remove pyrex pot. Carefully pour mixture into heat-proof bowl
- Allow this mixture to cool for approximately one hour, and scrape the sides of bowl with spatula if needed
- Add aloe vera gel, vegetable glycerine, vitamin e, your desired amount of essential oils, and the desired amount of 10,000 mg tincture
- Use hand mixer to emulsify all of these ingredients and make sure it is homogenized. You will want the lotion to be whipped.
- Allow your finished lotion to cool, and it is ready to use.
Now that you have cooled your lotion, it is ready to use! Apply it as part of your skin care routine. Due to the fact the vitamin e was added, it can keep for long periods of time. Store unused lotion in an airtight container in your refrigerator, and keep what you are using in a small cosmetics jar. Remember to always have fun when doing this, but most importantly be safe!